Here are some things I evaluate when deciding whether or not to implement a new idea (new ventures, new products, or new direction in a company)
1. GOALS Asses where we are at and where we want to go.
2. CAPABILITY Make sure current responsibilities are covered and we are able to take on growth and change.
3. PACK Identify the key resources needed AS WELL as the key people that will help achieve the goal.
4. MAP Break down the new idea front to back by seeing if we have a proper front end for the business (marketing, branding, and rev generating activities) as well as a strong back end (product/service delivery/operations).
5. DECIDE Is this feasible and something we want to proceed with?