Raul talks with Dr. Laura Gardner, who is the Founder and CEO of Persimmon AI, a healthtech startup that is on the mission to tackle the issue Americans and new arrivals in the USA (such as immigrants, students, temporary workers, and vacationers) face when they get overwhelmed by the number of OTC medications available. Her proprietary OTC Finder™ helps both USA-born and new arrivals translate their home OTC medications with matching OTC medications available in the traveler’s country.
Prior to founding Persimmon AI, Dr. Gardner was President and Medical Director of Axiomedics Research, Inc., a research, consulting, and software development firm founded in 1994 with a focus on predictive modeling of health outcomes.
Dr. Gardner earned her bachelor’s degree in biology (magna cum laude) from Brandeis University, her M.D. from Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and both an M.P.H. in health policy and a Ph.D. in health economics from the University of California at Berkeley. She is Board Certified in General Preventive Medicine and Public Health and is a Fellow of the American College of Preventive Medicine.
- Why this company right now – 2:08
- Brainstorming together – 4:14
- Getting people to sign up and use the product – 7:10
- Her experience with AI – 8:26
- The importance of data – 10:34
- Developing AI algorithm – 11:37
- The difference between a manager and a leader – 15:35
- Learning about her story – 16:57
- How you can better serve your clients – 22:22
- Big plans to expand globally – 25:01
- Connect with Raul Hernandez Ochoa
- Connect with Dr. Laura Gardner