Darshan Mehta is the CEO and founder of iResearch, an online focus group platform that enables companies to quickly and affordably extract insights from consumers worldwide. Drawing from more than 20 years of marketing strategy and research design experience, Mehta is authoring a book, “Getting to Aha! Today’s Insights Are Tomorrow’s Facts,” to help business leaders understand and leverage changing consumer preferences.
In addition to his role at iResearch, Mehta is an adjunct professor at universities in Thailand, Sweden, France, and the U.S. Through the course of his work, Mehta has traveled to more than 80 countries and been recognized in publications such as Forbes, Inc., the Journal of Advertising Research, and Quirk’s.
- Who is Darshan Mehta? – 0:08
- When we’re creating a new product for our market or industry, or creating a new campaign, is it best for it to be within the organization to understand what the customers want and what the market wants and to come up with ideas thru internal brainstorming, or should we directly ask the market and see what they want? – 1:20
- How can you proactively create strategies or ongoing touchpoints to know what the market is? – 4:11
- The possibility of interviewing a thousand people. – 5:52
- Branding is one of the best ways to differentiate. – 9:11
- Defining your brand. – 11:24
- Dealing with trends. – 13:05
- Some of the things that are totally out of your control, they’re gonna happen no matter what. But recognize that there’s always an opportunity in any given situation. – 15:25
- How can startups and brands right now prepare for what’s coming? – 17:20
- Connect with Raul Hernandez Ochoa
- Connect with Darshan Mehta