Ryan Frederick is a founder and product person at heart. Ryan has had the privilege of being part of starting and growing several software and service companies. He has helped companies grow from inception to viability, through to sustainability. During the evolution of these companies, Ryan has served on company boards and been instrumental in capitalization activities. He has also helped companies to expand to international markets.
Ryan combines a unique blend of business acumen and technical knowledge having originally been a developer who migrated to the business side. He now helps companies build great software products and solve data challenges for competitive advantage as a principal at the product and data consulting firm, AWH. Ryan is an active angel investor, mentors and advises entrepreneurs and startups, as well as corporate innovation leaders. He launched a non-profit workforce development program to train under-employed adults on digital skills called i.c.stars.
Ryan has authored a book on increasing the odds of success in creating products, being a founder, and starting companies called The Founder’s Manual: A Guidebook for Becoming a Successful Entrepreneur. Ryan speaks frequently about the product, founder, and startup journeys.
- Ryan’s background – 3:00
- The keyword is relationship – 7:35
- Helping clients achieve their goals – 10:08
- Growing slowly or quickly – 13:11
- Growing a company is not easy and quick – 14:29
- Looking to have predictability – 24:25
- Service firms are easy to start and difficult to grow – 26:00
- The culture of most service firms – 27:32
- Service firms and its evolution – 28:41
- Connect with Raul Hernandez Ochoa
- Connect with Ryan Frederick